At Boone Dental, your health and the health of our staff are of the utmost importance. To ensure your health and the health of our staff, we have always followed standard universal precautions and strict OSHA guidelines issued by the CDC and ADA to help protect every one of our patients and team members from the many infectious diseases that we are potentially exposed to on a daily basis. For your peace of mind, these are the precautions we take EVERY time you sit in one of our patient chairs:
● We wear single-use gloves, faceshields, and masks while treating patients.
● We wear full length surgical gowns.
● We sterilize instruments after each use into an autoclave (a high-pressure steam oven) to kill every known infectious organism, including coronavirus.
● We wipe down each dental operatory after each patient visit with a medical-grade surface disinfectant that kills all known infectious diseases, including coronavirus.
● We wash our hands thoroughly and/or apply an alcohol-based compound between each patient.
In addition to the above standard measures, we will be exercising a higher standard of infection-control in our waiting areas, including removing all magazines, toys, and other items that are difficult to disinfect.
We are being vigilante about screening scheduled patients prior to coming into the office for their appointments, in order to minimize risks of exposure to staff and to other patients.
On the day of the appointment, we are quickly seating the patient into the operatory room in order to practice the social distancing from other patients. We are asking patients to rinse with 1% hydrogen peroxide and taking their temperatures at the beginning of the appointment. In addition, every morning we plan to take the temperatures of every staff member at the beginning of the day.
For the protection of all our patients and staff due the recent outbreak of coronavirus, we are requesting the following:
- If you have an illness or are exhibiting symptoms, we recommend you cancel and reschedule your dental appointment. Some illness and symptoms include:
- a cold or the flu
- fever or nausea
- severe headaches or body aches
- muscle or stomach pain, chest pain or difficulty breathing
- vomiting or diarrhea
- active tuberculosis (TB)
- mumps, measles, chickenpox
- other contagious disease
- Please notify our staff before your appointment if you or someone you are in close contact with have recently traveled to areas with large outbreaks of COVID-19; if you have been exposed to someone else who was diagnosed with COVID-19; or if you have been exposed to some one who was quarantined as a precaution.
If you have any questions or concerns, please contact us immediately. The below links provide additional information regarding the coronavirus:
Our team will continue to monitor the situation and provide updated information when warranted. Thank you for your patronage.